When the new year kicks off, so does Loras College’s latest offering: the Certified Financial Planning Certification Program. Brian Kallback (’02), assistant professor of finance, joins the Duhawk Digest podcast to share details about what makes this new program a great opportunity for individuals interested in achieving CFP certification and what steps are being taken to make it uniquely Loras.
· Intro 0:00-1:53
· What do you need in order to be a CFP and what is Dalton Education? 1:53-2:53
· Benefit of Loras over other programs: 2:53-6:00, 11:12-13:45
· How our program works: 6:00-9:15
· Who should do the program?: 9:15-11:12
· What is a Certified Financial Planner and what is the CFP exam like? 14:17-17:10
· Fiduciary standard/acting in the client’s best interest: 17:10-19:45
· How do you know if you’re ready?/What’s the timeline?: 19:45-22:15
· Brian Kallback’s best piece of advice/next steps: 22:15-29:20
For more information on the CFP Certification program and to apply, visit the program page.