The Loras Players earned multiple commendations for their participation with Associate Productions in the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival Region 5 in Sioux Falls, S.D. Loras submitted their fall 2019 performances of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and Silent Sky as part of the festival.
“I am overwhelmingly proud of our all the Loras Players,” Ryan Decker, director of theater, said. “It is truly incredible that we were able to earn such honors in not only our inaugural year of participating in KCACTF, but to do so at the Associate Production level.”
Loras Players members who received recognition for their efforts are:
- Amelia Foley (’21) for stage management, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Foley and Jake Heelein (’22) for stage management and run crew, Silent Sky
- Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship Nomination: Caroline Breitbach (’20) for Logainne, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship Nomination: Jacob Till (’19) for Leaf Coneybear, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship Nomination: Amber Krieg (’20) for Henrietta Leavitt, Silent Sky
- Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship Nomination: Brigid Flaherty (’20) for Williamina Fleming, Silent Sky
- Ryan M. Decker for direction, Silent Sky
“Beyond the individual students receiving nominations and commendations, I am proud of each and every student that contributes to making our work worthy of that recognition. My hope is that this will be our first step towards participating at the Full Production level in our region’s annual festival workshops and performances with our peer institutions,” Decker said.
Region 5 covers Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota.
The Loras Players will give their spring performance May 7 through May 9 with She Kills Monsters in Hoffman Hall.