Academic success remains a hallmark of Loras students. From regional competitions to the national stage, Duhawks have a knack for taking their academic work and translating it into something more.
Each year, we know the achievements will continue to come in. Below are just some of the significant points of academic success from the past year that we are proud to share.
- For an unprecedented 12th consecutive year, Loras College Television took home the top honor of Television Station of the Year at the Iowa College Media Association Awards in Des Moines, Iowa. The recognition is the highest award the ICMA can bestow upon any of Iowa’s college and university television/media programs.
- Loras College accounting graduates taking the CPA exam for the first time in 2020 had a pass rate in the top 15% of the nation among institutions that had at least 10 candidates. Loras graduates also scored the second-best pass rate in Iowa. (September 2021)
- 2021 marked the 28th consecutive year of a Loras student receiving a first place, second place or honorable mention in at least one category of the Delta Epsilon Sigma National Writing Competition.
- Loras College’s Engineering program ranked in the top five of the American Society for Engineering Education’s (ASEE) listing of the top 20 institutions awarding Bachelor’s degrees to women.
- Executive Master’s of Business Administration students Kristin Look, John Unsen, and Aidan Wojciehowski finished in the top 20 of the Inter-University Student Economics Tournament, an international competition that was held online in 2020.