Dear Alumni and Friends,
The academic year will soon come to an end. As such, final projects are being completed. Athletic competitions are wrapping up. Graduating seniors are experiencing those bittersweet emotions that cause sadness in not wanting to leave a place they love, along with excitement to begin experiencing the real world.
The following pages highlight Loras in a way statistics can’t. Nevertheless, as we conclude Loras’ 178th year,
it is important to take stock of our numerous successes. These include:
- Washington Monthly’s ranking of Loras as #11 among over 1600 best baccalaureate colleges
- US News and World Report’s designation of Loras being one of the 13 A+ Midwest colleges for B students
- Loras’ Sports Management program secured its 13th consecutive top three in the nation finish
- For the second consecutive year, Loras students won three of the four top places in the Delta Epsilon Sigma national writing contest
- Loras’ Media Studies program celebrated its eighth straight recognition for having Iowa’s best collegiate television station, LCTV
- Loras’ athletic program is currently ranked 18th among over 450 NCAA III institutions in the Learfield Cup standings
I have no doubt that our final weeks will unveil yet more successes for us to report. Further, we have a number
of exciting events to sponsor prior to our Baccalaureate Liturgy and Commencement Ceremony on May 20.
- Cardinal Timothy Dolan’s campus visit, liturgy, special dinner and keynote address on April 20
- The fourth annual Legacy Symposium on May 3
- The inaugural Legacy Ball on May 5
- The fifth annual Duhawk Day on May 18
As we conclude the academic year with the traditional activities of years gone by; reflect and take pride in the numerous individual, group and institutional achievements; and partake in special events, we simultaneously look to the future with energy, renewed commitment and a newly defined strategic plan.
Though the environment is challenging and competition is fierce, we are fully focused toward ensuring more opportunities to enhance the Loras mission and provide improved curricular and co-curricular experiences for
our students. Many of you have been critical in helping us do this to date. Having raised over $97M toward our historic goal of $100M in less than five years gives us confidence in our ability to reach even greater heights in
the years ahead. It is not too late to join the over 21,000 Inspiring Lives & Leadership campaign contributors in enabling us to meet and surpass this ambitious goal.
Finally, I encourage you to join us at our inaugural Legacy Ball, A Springtime in Paris, on May 5. It will serve as a fun night to enjoy time with new and old friends, raise funds for student scholarships and celebrate Loras’ rich connection to France.
As always, Dieu bénissent, God bless.